Hotel Filtration Plant
Ecotech was asked to design and manufacture a system capable of filtering river water for an eco-friendly remote resort. The brief was to custom design a treatment system so the resort could utilise the available water in their fire system, irrigation system and swimming pools, and the water was to have minimal chemical processing.
The treatment process
- Raw river water dosed with Miox (mixed oxidant) via an on-site Miox generating system
- 4 x 20 000 litre per hour multimedia filtration units
- Fully automated system
- River water pumped to the filters using 1 x submersible pump and 1 x above ground pump
- System produces 60 000 to 80 000 litres per hour during filtration mode
- System produces up to 160 000 litres per hour during fire mode
- Full technical manual supplied with each system, as well as assistance to local installation team
- Log sheets and scheduled maintenance lists for the operators to maintain the required water quality
The benefit to the client
By designing and manufacturing the above equipment, Ecotech was able to assist the client in utilising the available river water rather than municipal water, which in Mozambique is costly and limited. The client was able to promote the resort as an eco-friendly destination using water that has minimal chemical treatment and therefore minimal negative impact on the environment.