Factory Process Water
Ecotech was asked to design, manufacture and install an industrial RO system capable of providing suitably clean water for a leading SA car wheel manufacturer. The municipal water quality was of such a poor standard that the client was not able to use it in their manufacturing process.
The treatment process
- 3 stage pre-filtration system consisting of a multimedia sediment removal unit, a granular activated carbon (GAC) chlorine removal unit, and a water softening unit
- 4000 litre per hour skid-mount high recovery reverse osmosis (RO) unit
- Plumbed for the addition of a second booster & high pressure pump system for redundancy and maintenance
- RO membrane anti-scaling dosing system
- Clean-in-place equipment so the RO membranes housed in double length 4” pressure vessels could be cleaned on site
- Electrical control panel with PLC control, input and output conductivity monitoring, and flow rate monitoring to constantly monitor water quality
- On-site training for all operational staff, and a full technical manual supplied with the system
- Log sheets and scheduled maintenance lists were supplied to the operators to maintain the specified water quality
The benefit to the client
By designing and manufacturing the above equipment, Ecotech was able to assist the client in reducing overall product wastage due to poor quality process water.