Bottled Water Business
Ecotech was asked to design, manufacture and install three sizes of reverse osmosis systems for a leading SA water bottling franchise. The brief was to custom design the necessary equipment to purify and sanitize the water from the water source to the point of bottling for each new franchise.
The treatment process
- Reverse osmosis (RO) ‘plug ‘n play’ unit in mobile compact frame with extra-low energy use membranes for higher product water recovery and operating efficiency
- The standard RO unit sizes designed were 450 litres per hour (lph), 1200 lph, and 2000 lph
- Pre-filtration granular activated carbon (GAC) unit to remove municipal chlorine from the water before it entered the RO membranes
- Clean-in-place equipment so the RO membranes could be cleaned on site
- Electrical control panel for in-line TDS, pH and ORP sensors to constantly monitor water quality
- Carbonation system for the larger franchises wanting to sell sparkling water and sparkling juices, with dispensing taps
- Ozone generator to maintain sanitation in the product water storage tanks as well as in the filling lines
- Stainless steel bottle filling tables designed to client’s specifications
- On-site training for all operational staff, and a full technical manual supplied with each system
- Log sheets and scheduled maintenance lists for the operators to maintain a high water quality
The benefit to the client
By designing and manufacturing the above equipment, Ecotech was able to assist the client in opening over 30 water bottling franchises in South Africa, Namibia and Mozambique.